Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Be still....

"Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:7a



Well, this verse is not my favorite because I struggle with it so.
I struggle to wait.
I struggle to be patient.
I like to have things happening.
Being accomplished.
Taken care of.
I don't always follow all the steps to a recipe because it takes too long.
I don't always follow all the rules because I want to get to the end result quicker.
I don't always pray for as long as I should because I don't do well repeating the same words night after night.
I find that busyness keeps me from boredom.
Boredom drives me crazy.


"May I recognize today that the worst form of busyness is the kind that keeps my destination unfocused." Max Lucado

"Hear my prayer, O Lord, and let my cry come to You. Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my trouble; incline Your ear to me; in the day that I call, answer me speedily." Psalm 102:2 

Now that's what I'm talking about. I like that verse. David wasn't waiting patiently when he said "answer me speedily!" Again, I come back to the issue of balance in my life. Wisdom is perhaps what it all boils down to.

When to wait; when to cry out come quickly because I need you now.
When to press in; when to sit back.
When to speak; when to listen.
When to stand up for something; when to move on and realize it doesn't even really matter.
When to ask one more time; when to simply drop it.

Wisdom. Yes, I think that's what I'm longing for more of today.

"Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." I Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment