I can't believe that two years have already passed since this picture!
Wow, it's a reminder at how time flies and the things I do matter!
- We are not called to RAISE children to maturity; we are called to TRAIN them to be godly.
- Being a wife is highly regarded by God.
- How am I making Josh look better?
- Happy wives are submissive.
- If you rebel against your husband, you are poisoning your own life.
- I Kings 17:17 - Do I LOVE being the Queen of my home?
- It's ALL about the attitude!
- Taking dominion and subduing means to do the same things over and over and over again with the knowledge that good things will eventually come. It's not just about today!
- Blessings ALWAYS follow obedience!
- My home is my ministry to the world.
- Always put my first fruits into my home and family then my other ministries will fall into place.
- Make a daily choice to hear no other voice louder than my husbands voice!!!!
- Weigh my actions on an ETERNAL scale. Is what I'm doing going to have eternal value? If not, why am I doing it?
- how do I help my kids find their callings? By modeling my calling WELL!
- I want to know soooo strongly that there is mothing more important thatn pouring my life into, taking fabulous care of, and loving Josh, Javon, and Reagan!
- Understand (without being prideful) that I am irreplaceable to my kingdom (home!).
- Does my home reflect total devotion to God first - Josh second? Compliment Josh ever day. Lack of appreciation is often the cause of divorce.
- Be the mistress of my home. - The household chores are my responsibility given by God; if Josh helps - be grateful. Do not demand or expect.
- TRAIN my children WELL! It's my God's given responsibility to do everything within my power to train my children to love and serve Jesus. Think about tomorrow when training J & R; not just today. Ephesians 6:4 Treat Josh with the same unconditional love that the kids and I share! Untrained children will become a shame to us.
- It is my job to raise ROYAL children; kids that will one day be ready to rule their kingdom for Jesus. What I do today matters for tomorrow!
- Nurturing - Am I giving my best or my left overs to my family? Kindness! Nurturing takes planning and effort! Encourage Josh, J & R EVERY DAY! I Timothy 4:6
- Does my HOME nourish ME and my family? Surround myself with things that make me smile. Do the same for my family!
- Rule my kitchen. Plan meals and enjoy cooking them! Make it special. PLAN! Have happy family dinners. This is my job. My responsibility! Everything else will function better if I have meals under control! Do not give my family leftover, frustrated me at dinner time. Give them my best. This means being prepared and happy to serve them!
- Welcome strangers....God has called me to be hospitable!
- God has given me AUTHORITY to create ORDER in my home and family.
- Are the things that I'm doing going to matter for eternity? If not, it's time to reevaluate! Am I easily distracted by non-eternal stuff?
- God gives us CALLINGS not jobs!
I had a lovely evening with my mom at this event. You can find more on mothering and being a wife at www.eternalencouragement.com.