Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Saturday, October 8, 2011

The important things....

 Barbara Bush understood and spoke with an eye to the eternal 
when she told the women at Wellesley College, 
"Cherish your human connections, your relationships with family and friends...
those human connections with spouse, with children, with friends are the most 
important investment you will ever make. 
At the end of your life, you will never regret not passing one more test, winning one more verdict, or 
closing one more deal. 
You will regret time not spent with a husband, 
a child, a friend, or a parent." 
 Discerning what is eternal isn't easy; 
it is often camouflaged in the simple, ordinary things of life. 
The temporal is brassy and demanding and loud. 
It stands up and screams for our attention. 
But we have to train our eyes to see the eternal
in the unlikely events of everyday life. 
-Smart Women Keep It Simple
Annie Chapman
These pictures where taken last spring. 
Yesterday I celebrated another birthday. 
Next month my son will turn 9 years old. 
How does it go by sooooo fast!?

As I begin another year of my life, 
I want to really discover what every day holds. 
What little miracles.
What things I've missed along the way.
What gems are there for the taking but it may take a bit of chiseling to bring them out. 
How can my attitude improve to find the blessings in EVERYTHING?

These are questions that I long to answer this year. 
As I listened to Steve Jobs give a commencement speech back in 2005, 
it was a startling reminder that he had no idea he would only live another 6 years. 
He said that everyday he would ask himself in the mirror, 
"If today were your last day, is this what you'd want to be doing?"
And if he reply back "no" for too many consecutive days 
then he knew that he needed to make a change. 

Well, as a mom, wife, employee, etc. 
a change of the everyday circumstances is not usually accessible.
However, a change in my ATTITUDE and OUTLOOK of the day is totally
able to be changed. 
Praying that I can live this 33rd year of my life with 
a newfound grace to face each day as a 
GIFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment