Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Content: Day 2

In the book I'm reading, Calm My Anxious Heart, here was a journal entry that
a daughter found after her mother's death.


  • Never allow yourself to complain about anything - not even the weather. 
  • Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else. 
  • Never compare your lot with another's. 
  • Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise. 
Wow, if only we could all could live like that. 
I mean what if "I" could live like that. 



I don't find myself to be a complainer by nature. 
I like to think of myself as a glass half full kind of girl....
most of the time. 
We all have areas that we don't live by this mantra thought, right?
Or is it just me? 

Obviously, a look at Paul's life makes an amazing statement as he wrote
Philippians 4:11-13 about contentment while sitting in a prison cell! 

"How does god enable us to be content? 
He INFUSES contentment into us through His Word. 
As it seeps into our minds, it transforms us.
Just as a cup of tea gets stronger when we give it time to steep, 
so we become more content when we spend time in God's Word
and allow it to seep into our lives, 
transforming us to be like Him." - CMAH

J.I. Packer, a theologian, said "Contentment is essentially a matter of 
accepting from God's hand what He sends because we know that He is
good and therefore it is good." 

Wow, that's SOOOOO good. 

God is good, therefore whatever he sends my way is good....
even if it may not seem like it. The situation may not seem good, 
but God has the end result in mind and THAT is good and for 
the purpose of bringing our lives in allignment with His will and 
for His glory. 

Psalm 16:5 - 
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my 
cup; you have made my lot secure. 

So goes another day of learning to be content. 

I'd love to hear how your contentment journey is going....

No comments:

Post a Comment