Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Monday, January 9, 2012

Gentleness


gen·tle

  [jen-tl]  Show IPA adjective, -tler, -tlest,verb, -tled, -tling.
adjective
1.
kindly; amiable: a gentle manner.
2.
not severe, rough, or violent; mild: a gentle wind; a gentle tapon the shoulder.
3.
moderate: gentle heat.

Every year I try to pick a character trait that I would like to work on in my life. This year I am going to try and be more gentle. I'm not exactly sure what that means yet...:-) I'm a pretty high-spirited girl. Very sanguine in nature. However, I know that this in an area that I would like to develop more throughout this year. I've been praying about it and asking the Lord to show me some specific ways that I can LEARN to be gentle in my dealings with ALL people in ALL circumstances. 

Here's a few verses that I'm going to meditate on this week: 


To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.Titus 3:2 ESV / 81 helpful votes

Psalm 18:35 ESV / 52 helpful votes

You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great.

2 Timothy 2:24-26 ESV / 45 helpful votes

And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

James 3:17 ESV / 42 helpful votes

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

No comments:

Post a Comment