Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hospitality

Tomorrow night I will opening up my home for a ladies Bible Study group. 
On one hand, I'm over the moon. I had so much fun and was so blessed planning
and preparing our lesson!
We will be talking about our PRIORITIES. 
How do they line up with Biblical principles? Do I have my priorities in line? 
Absolutely not. Not most of the time anyways.
I get all jumbled up along the way, like I think most of women do. 

As I was praying about what God wanted me to share, I simply could not come up 
with one topic. Thus, I decided to list out the things that I wanted to talk about. 
I wrote down:
1) Jesus - Our personal relationship with Him
2) Our husbands
3) Our children
4) Our home
5) Our ministry to others

As I looked at the list, I realized that was a list of priorities. And I believe, that is the Biblical order of them for a wife. The more I looked at it the more I realized how it is so easy to get our priorities out of balance in the busyness of life.

I pulled from so many great sources, mainly the Word of God. My mind keeps me up at night
thinking of all the things that I want to share. I know that I will be as or more blessed than the ladies
that attend.

Speaking of ladies that attend, it is quite the eclectic group.
1 mom with three little boys new to our church that I just met Sunday.
1 young gal married 5 years but no kids yet. I know her sister, but she just moved to the area.
She is bringing a friend.
1 friend that I've seen walk down many roads that I'm thankful that I haven't had to face. She has a blended family.
1 young mom from Kenya that I know but not really well.
2 gals from our homeschool co-op that I know, but only from seeing them on Mondays.
Oh, and our pastor's wife. That in itself can be unnerving if I allow it to be. Simply because I want her to be proud of what I do for Jesus and hopefully I don't make a fool of myself or say something too silly.

I have 4 pages of notes. I'm not sure that I'll get to them all. Will I say too much or too little?
Do I sound nervous? I'm actually not. I'm excited! But I am painfully aware that if I do it in the
flesh then it will fail, but if I rely on the Holy Spirit He will do a work in hearts. That's my desire.

The other hand -
I'll get to that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment