Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Other Hand

It's 6 AM and I've been up since 3:30 AM cleaning my bathroom. 
Not only cleaning it, but organizing every drawer. 
Washing the walls, etc. 

This is "the other hand." 

Remember, I have 9 ladies now joining me tonight in my home 
for a Bible Study. 9 ladies that I was taught by my mother
will look (judge) you by how clean your home is. 

Balance: 
Isn't that what this whole blog is about?
Balance:
Isn't that what life is all about?
Balance:
Isn't that why so many of us never step outside our comfort zones?
We're imbalanced. At least I am at times. 

Every time that someone else opens up their home to me, 
I think about what a blessing it is. I do not judge what their 
home looks like. I think what a blessing it is that they are 
willing to open up their home and follow the Biblical 
pattern of hospitality. 

I try to keep a clean home. 
Of course, there are days!
But overall, especially in the past 3 years after finding flylady.com, 
I have really tried to make cleaning a habit instead of a chore. 
It has lifted a burden. 

But it's different when other people are coming to my home. 
It is honestly the only thing that I can think of that gives me true anxiety. 
I feel my blood-pressure start to raise as the time approaches. 
Did I clean under the sink? They'll be placing trash in the can there. 
Did I...
Did I...
Did I...
And then I start breaking out the paint cans to touch up paint!
Why? 
Because that's what my mom did! :-)

God is working on me in this area. 
He is showing me that 
"she did what she could".
Or rather, 
"I did what I could". 

Nothing will ever be perfect enough to invite people into our lives.
My walk with God isn't.
My marriage isn't. 
My kids aren't.
My home isn't. 
Yet, God asks us to do our best. 
I'm not one for not trying and then asking God to bless it!
I believe that we need to do our work as unto the Lord, not unto man. 

That is the place that I'm getting to with hospitality. 
I come to that place, for the most part, many years ago with ministry. 
I'll never be able to please everyone, but I know that I'll bless many. 
"I only want to please You, Lord." That's my life motto!!!!

So as I have been up cleaning and organizing since 3:30 AM because I 
simply couldn't sleep because 

No comments:

Post a Comment