Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Disappointment

It seems as if the past few weeks I have faced 
disappointment that has been troubling to me....
not because it was big or important or even very noteworthy, 
but rather the mere fact that I was troubled. 

I shed tears. 
Came back to wondering why I was so upset about this seemingly 
non-important issue. 
After a few tears, whining to my husband, 
and then praying that God would help me to determine the true
source of my frustration/disappointment,
I came to this conclusion. 

I am not often disappointed in life when things happen that I have no control over.
I seem to be very steady and logical and well-thought out.
However....
when it is something that I possibly could have adjusted or changed 
or my disappointment was solely the result of a decision that I had complete control over I 
get very upset....upset at myself. 
Upset at myself
for not being
smarter,
wiser, 
more planned,
more prepared,
more ....whatever.

I have been pondering this over the past two weeks as things 
have come my way - 
things that perhaps I have some control over the outcome. 
And then those things that I have no control over....
like the way people respond to things I have done with a totally pure heart. 

I'm working through this. 
Slowly.
Surely.
Steadily.
With God's help.


No comments:

Post a Comment