Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Tuesday, January 11, 2011


"He tends his flock like a shepherd: 
He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; 
he gently leads those that have young."

-Isaiah 40:11



I am so grateful for the Lord's leading. 
I fail so often on my own. 
I plan.
I re-plan.
I think I've got it all figured out....
then I am grossly made aware that I don't have it all figured out.
That my life is truly selfish.
That for all the good things I do,
I am still a sinful, selfish, undeserving person
who needs the redeeming love of my Savior! 
That taking up my cross and following Him
is a DAILY task. 
One that is not dependent on mood or circumstance,
sun or rain.
Yesterday was a day filled with "willing" myself to remain
positive even though I wanted to cry.
Even though, because of a decision I had made,
my day wasn't going so well.
After a few words with the Lord and some time laying quietly, 
I was reminded that peace comes from the Lord but that we must 
"rest in it". 
Help me Lord to not allow my emotions to dictate my mood.....
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment