Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Growing Through the Word

I want to grow.
I want to keep growing!
I want to conquer those sins that I know about that perhaps others don't see...or perhaps they do.
I want to be alive to Christ.
I WANT TO.
I want to do right.
But I fail. Too often.
But the Word is alive and helps me grow!
I don't want to mad at myself because I haven't arrived.
I spend too much time focused on the fact that I haven't arrived and often forget to enjoy the journey.
I want to LEARN to be content.
I want to LEARN to walk in love.
Joyce Meyer says, "I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be. I'm not there but I'm on my way!"
Paul was converted 20 years prior to saying, "It's no longer I that lives, but Christ that lives within me."
It's a process.

Romans 6:2 -"How can we who died to sin live it any longer?"
My flesh still wants to sin; however, my soul where Jesus resides does not. It desires the things of the Holy Spirit.
I want to habitually live "in well doing".
I may have to do what's right for a while before I get a right result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It takes time after sowing seed to gain a harvest.

Can I really do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me?
Do I have that much faith????????????

He took my sin and gave me His righteousness! Wow. That is so hard to comprehend.
Why would He do that?
Can His love really run that deep?

Romans 6:10-"Consider yourself dead to sin."
Consider is a mindset. Is my mind in the right place or am I using earthly wisdom?

It's one thing to sing warfare songs when on stage at church, but am I living a life of spiritual warfare in my private life? Am I willing to be a bond-slave for Jesus? Someone who will drop everything to help someone in need?


I was able to bless someone today that needed about 2 hours of my time. During the schoolday....when I had school to still do....and dishes....and laundry.....and dinner to make. But it was a blessing to help!

Oh, these are my cute kids two summers back. It's a great reminder of how fast time flies and that I need to continue to focus on the important things and not get hung up on the "little foxes" that so often ruin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment