Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fire....

Here you see...
The beauty of my fall table scape.
Beautiful lit candles ready for a lovely evening spent with family....
This is the aftermath of our lovely candle lit dinner....
It actually seemed much worse in real life. 
Josh yelled....."WHOOOOOAAAAHHHHH"
and I ran in just in time to see the foot high flames right before he 
poured his bottle of water on the fire. 
Thankfully he was sitting there eating!
I don't even want to think about what "could have been" 
had he not been sitting there. 
It was sooo fast. 
Unfortantently, my table suffered some damage...
but nothing compared to what could have been. 
We were both very thankful that God was watching 
over us tonight. 
It was a reminder that fire is a dangerous thing
that needs to be watched closely.
I've never been a big candle person until this year. 
This was a good wake up call to never leave them unattended.
I said a little prayer for someone tonight that might not 
have caught their little fire that turned big and they lost everything.
I'm sure that somewhere it happened....and it could have been us tonight. 

Thank you Lord for your wonderful protection 
and reminders that we are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment