Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A book and a seed....

I love to read. It hasn't always been a joy like it is at this stage of my life. However, the blessing of the library with the vast amount of Christian reading materials has been a huge blessing!

I really enjoyed the book. It had some great reminders and tips. Quick read with some great nuggets to walk away with.

A simple joy from this week...
Seeing Busy super excited that his seed has grown into a tall, beautiful flower. 
He also has two pumpkins. 
As I look at this picture, I think back to May when he brought the little buckets home with a seed planted in each one. He wanted to plant them right away but I thought there was no way they'd ever grow. Not in our home at least. :-) He faithfully watered them for another month and then begged me to plant them. Without much thought I told him he could plant them right by the front steps. 
Well, they grew. I had NO faith. But he did. He put the time and energy into watering them and they grew into two beautiful sunflowers and two small pumpkins (still growing!). 
Without a doubt, I would have let them die thinking they'd never grow. 
What a great reminder that if we have faith, put in the time and energy, and wait patiently....
God can make things grow in our lives, marriages, children, ministries, etc.

Thanks for the reminder Lord. I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment