Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Family Update

The past couple of weeks have been really busy. With school starting up, lots of church events, hubby’s birthday, Mom’s birthday, busy getting 2 teeth pulled, a Ladies Tea House day, plus co-op starting up again. It’s too much to fit all in this letter so I’ll break it up into a few.

Busy and Sweetie are doing great in school this year. Busy LOVES to play the piano. I’m so happy. I don’t push him to practice, he just does it. He loves to go play on his breaks. Sweetie isn’t picking up on it as quickly, but Busy has been helping her. It’s so cute. 

Busy had two baby teeth pulled last Tuesday per the Orthodontists recommendation. I won’t let them pull any adult teeth, but I think getting those two baby teeth out was a good call. He’s doesn’t have enough room for his adult teeth to come in so one already popped through high on his gum. Hopefully this will help. I guess we’re just a braces family! Thankful though that the dentist  didn’t deem it cosmetic so they didn’t charge us. Praise the Lord!


Sweetie has been working on her letters and putting the sounds together. She loves school. However, she’s not so into the reading part. She’d rather have me read to her!    I know that she’ll get it though. She’s very smart. They are just so different in so many ways.


Here they are making cookies together. Sweetie was making them for the Round Up Sunday cooking contest. They sounded yummy—Oreo Cream Cheese Cookies—but they tasted yucky. She was disappointed that she   didn’t win but she takes everything so well and understood that other cookies tasted better than hers. We won’t try that recipe again.

Mom and I went to a Tea House in Sumner, the little town that my sister graduated from her homeschool co-op in, with the ladies from church. It was a really nice afternoon...even though mom and I aren’t really into fancy tea houses. It was still fun just being together.

The older I get the more I appreciate time spent with mom. She’s my best buddy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment