Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Long Day....



Today was a good day....but also a LONG one. We started the morning off with a some down time but it turned into me catching up on things from work that had gotten left from Friday. I'm still playing catchup. :-( Then we had to head to the library and pay for a book that Sweetie accidently spilled her water on. Of course, it was a $40 book! But at least it was one that we like and the water damage is just along the bottom of the pages. It's called 20th Century Treasury of Children's Books and it's got 44 different stories. So I guess we paid a $1 per story....at least we got to keep the book. 

Then we were off to a birthday party for a family with 4 kids from church. It was chilly at first and I really didn't want to be outside for several hours, plus my brain was spinning with all the things that I still had to get done before Sunday. But I knew I couldn't be anywhere else so I just chatted with the other parents until it was time to hit the ground running for tomorrow. 

After the party, I had to go to Winco to buy peppers for the pepper eating contest. Which Winco on Saturday is not my favorite place to be. But the kids and I took it all in stride and just kept pluggin' away. We were there a long time cause I had to get regular groceries, things for church the next day, plus the stuff to make cookies with Reagan for a cookie contest the next day. 

Of which I totally messed up. Normally I just type in Award Winning Cookies in Google and pick one. But none of them looked good or were just too boring this year so I just started looking around and picked one. It's terrible! Oreo Creamcheese Cookies. They looked good; they sounded good; but they taste aweful! Josh actually spit his out and threw it away. I'm sad since Reagan was so excited about them, they cost way too much to make, and I've spend all night working on them with her (and a long time after she went to bed!). But such is life. 

Josh had to pretty much be at church all day. It started with a Men's Breakfast, then he had to fill the baptismal for tomorrow, then tonight him and his sister when watching all the church kids for a contest they lost. It was so the parents could go out on a date night and I will say that I was a bit envious that we didn't get to go on a date night since it seems like it's been forever....but I wouldn't have had time anyways! :-) 

I know this has been a downer for one of my posts....and for me in general. I'm just so tired and I'm trying to keep my perspective on what's really important lately. Today just felt a bit out of focus. I know that we all have those SUPER busy days that never seem to end....I just feel like because of ministry stuff we have a lot of them. Not that that's a bad thing, I just didn't used to mind that business as much as I do now. I just want to make sure that the things we are filling our lives with are for a purpose. Being busy for busy sake isn't anything to be proud of. 

Lord, help me know when to slow down and say "I just can't right now" and not be afraid that people won't think I'm nice. I long to please You and others and strangers....:-) but help me remember that pleasing You is first and because You have my best interest in mind You won't ask more that I can handle. Holy Spirit help guide me to a more balanced and gentle lifestyle. 

(I try very hard to stay positive...I almost don't want to post this....however, I also want to be real. And real is that today was a long day that seemed like I was doing a lot of STUFF for other people and didn't really get my stuff done and now I have to get up tomorrow and push, push, push to pull of Round Up Sunday. Which most people have no clue all the details that go into an event. My brain hasn't shut off all day about it. I feel like I haven't stopped working on it since 8 AM yesterday morning. I didn't even sleep good. Then I had to fit in a bday party in the middle of the day. And now I'm about to put this down and write out a list of about 10 things I have to do in the morning before prayer even starts at 8:30 AM. So with a humbled spirit that I'm allowing my exhaustion to speak through my fingers....I say goodnight and I'm an incredibly blessed girl who has an incredibly blessed life and loves the business most day....just not today. And that's just how it was today.) :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting and reading my blog!
    I totally understand those long days..havemany of them often! Hope your Sunday was a blessed one :)
    Gonna take a peek around your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete