Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Monday, September 5, 2011

Grace - 
What is grace? 

The elusive word....

As I read "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp
I'm in awe, amazement and wonderment at what that really means.

I was meeting a friend at The City Church to see Kari Jobe lead in worship...
but I got lost...was late....had a high rate due the lostness of myself....
missed all but one song by Kari Jobe
BUT 
I heard the message by Judah Smith which was obviously why God wanted me to go.
It was on....drum-roll please

GRACE

the word that has been ever present before me.

He spoke of how grace must come before Faith
because faith is actually something that I do.
He spoke of how often we put Works in front of everything because it's the seen.
He spoke of how Grace is not an understand word...even by him.
What does it mean?
How does it relate to my life?
The question remained unanswered. 
I will embark on a new search...
What is grace?
Ann says that "all is grace". 
Is that true?
Is ALL truly God's grace.
Don't we make decisions and do actions and say words that alters 
the course of history?
Does God's grace really cover all our mistakes?
Yes, of course.
But how much better could our life be if we hadn't made those stupid decisions 
or done that immature thing
or said that unkind/untrue word?
How does God's grace really function?


Thankful today for:
  • A smooth school day (for the most part)
  • Learning to be flexible in my homeschool journey
  • My husband - learning to love through illness.
  • A strong willed son - Lord, help me understand him. 
  • A daughter that is so much like me - the good and bad.
  • Ice-cream on the first day of school. 
  • You tube for looking up videos about the American flag. 
  • Worship music
  • Sore fingers from playing my guitar.
  • Aprons for cutting vegetable. 
  • A dishwasher. 
  • Late summer days. 
  • My piano that both teaches and brings joy to our family.






No comments:

Post a Comment