Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Large Families



I had the privilege of being in the room with my friend as she had her 6th baby this past week. It is always amazing how each delivery is unique and precious in and of itself. At this point, most people are saying, "You're done, right?" but I can honestly say that I think they will have more. She says that being a mom is what God put her on earth to do. And she's really good at it. I don't believe I could handle it all, but then again perhaps I could. After I got home from the hospital, I watched 19 kids and counting. :-) It was a great ending to the LONG night. The nurse was saying that large families are becoming much more popular. I believe that moms are realizing that two incomes are not as valuable as time with their children. It is really neat to be part of the huge homeschool movement that is happening in America right now. I pray that more families will understand/realize that God gave them the responsibility, authority, AND right to train up their own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment