Psalm 147:1

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!"

Friday, October 29, 2010

A wonderful, fall day....

Here in the NW our fall is often filled with rainy, overcast, chilly days. 
But we've had a beautiful fall this year! 
There have been some rainy days but overall the weather has been beautiful. 
We've been trying to get out at least once a day for a walk or bike ride
before it gets too icky. 
.
Sweetie likes her bike that Daddy found her this summer at a yard sale! 
Only $10! 
I'm reminded time and time again that "my God will supply all my needs". 
When we first got married and had more income coming in and less house costs going out I didn't have to rely on God for my daily bread as much. (Or so I felt....)
However, now that things are much tighter due to our mortgage (that we haven't been able to refinance due to the falling house prices right after we purchased it) or just other things, 
I am much more aware of God's provision in my life. 
He has promised that he will take care of us no matter what and he always does!

Here are a few of the beautiful trees that line the streets in our neighborhood. 
I just love the quaint little houses as well. 
We live in a very eclectic neighborhood. 
It used to be farm land and over the years they have sold it off in sections 
so no two homes are alike. 
We live in a 1921 craftsman. 
It has it's issues for sure, but I love that it's not like everyone else's home on the block. 



As we walked in the door, the smell of this freshly baked bread filled our senses!
Oh, it smelled so good and tasted even better.
I have now conquered both totally homemade white bread as well as 
white bread in my bread maker. 
Now on to wheat!!!
I love the whole grain taste of wheat bread and the way I feel after I eat it, 
but I won't lie and say that this white bread wasn't delicious! :-)
For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together.  For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.  ~Edwin Way Teale

Bittersweet October.  The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.  ~Carol Bishop Hipps

Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.  ~George Eliot

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"

HAPPY FALL

No comments:

Post a Comment